W.O.M.A.N., Inc. Wish List
We help empower survivors so they know that they are entitled to a peaceful home and a romantic partnership that is mutually fulfilling, loving and non-violent.
There are many brave survivors of domestic violence who do leave their abusive relationships. Sadly, their troubles don’t always end there. Some of them need help finding safe haven outside of the city. Some need help providing for themselves and their children. Some need emotional support just to get through the night. If you have the ability to donate any of the following items, it would help the survivors we serve to move on in building a lasting safe haven, free from intimate partner abuse.
These items can help W.O.M.A.N., Inc. support survivors of domestic violence in a holistic and relevant manner:
- Gift cards for Walgreens, Safeway, Ross, local restaurants, etc. – for survivors and their children who must flee without funds to supply for their basic needs.
- Motel vouchers – for those survivors who may only need one night in a confidential location as they prepare to enter shelter, or leave town.
- Muni Passes or Muni Passport or Muni single ride tickets
- BART Tickets – for those survivors who don’t have transportation, but desperately need to leave San Francisco.
- Funds for documentation reproduction, court related costs and other costly, one-time needs.
- Gently used clothing, household appliances, and other donations can be made in W.O.M.A.N., Inc.’s name at Community Thrift, 623 Valencia, San Francisco.
In addition, W.O.M.A.N., Inc.’s administrative office is in need of the following items:
- Small rolling luggage case for laptop
- Digital camera with video
- Room/Cubicle Dividers
- Used cell phones with batteries (no chargers, please!)
Please follow this link to see our full Amazon wish list.
If you (or your organization) are able to support our work through a donation of any of the above items, please contact Jill Zawisza, Executive Director, at 415-969-6804
W.O.M.A.N., Inc. also has a wish list for its Adopt A Family Holiday Gift Card Drive. Through this wish list, you can easily buy gift cards to Safeway, Target or Walgreens. Please have them shipped to our physical location so that we can distribute them to survivors.