Domestic Violence Information and Referral Center (DVIRC)
Information on this page is aimed at service agencies – if you need personal assistance please call our support line at (415) 864-4722.
The Domestic Violence Information and Referral Center (DVIRC) originated as a collaborative effort of the Domestic Violence Agencies in the 9 San Francisco Bay Area counties. The Domestic Violence Information and Referral Center (DVIRC) is an online interactive community network that provides a safe space for member domestic violence service providers to share, network, and access updated information on services available in the Bay Area and beyond. It aims to ensure effective and appropriate resources and referrals can be offered to domestic violence survivors, their friends & families.
The project was developed by W.O.M.A.N., Inc. and Force by Design. It has been funded by the Strong Field Project (jointly funded by the Women’s Foundation of California and Blue Shield Against Violence Program), the Verizon Foundation, the Blue Shield Foundation of California, and the David B. Gold Foundation.
Why Should Agencies Join the DVIRC?
- Members can access domestic violence shelter bed availability
- Increase visibility of your organization’s programs & services – we had over 17,000 hits on the DVIRC in 2015
- Decrease/eliminate the cost of printed resource guides
- Access to high quality resource information – hundreds of filterable results
- Learn/share about local events & opportunities in the community
- Sharing best practices, training resources, and other information more easily
- Increase communication & collaboration in the DV community throughout the state
- Joining is free! You can have access to this valuable resource at no cost to your organization.
What People are Saying About The DVIRC.
How Can an Agency Become a Part of the DVIRC?
If your agency is interested in joining the DVIRC, please contact us at email@example.com.